Kumon Offers Confidence-building Tips For Students
Toronto: A new school year is upon us and once again children have a brand new slate. If we take time to stir up some excitement for learning, say education professionals, the usual back-to-school anxiety will not only be reduced, it will be replaced with a growing confidence.
Kumon Math and Reading Centres offer these tips to help parents lay the groundwork for confidence-building:
• Schedule regular study time. Determine with your children when they work best – right after school, immediately following supper or immediately before bedtime. While flexibility is required, ensure that study time is a daily habit.
• Plan ahead. Help your child manage assignments and tests by breaking the work up into smaller tasks and spreading it out. Remember, procrastination feeds anxiety, so encourage your child to begin early.
• Review completed work. Take the time to check your child’s finished or returned homework to ensure completion and to support the development of good study habits.
• Take an interest in what your child is learning. Asking questions and offering ideas gives your child an opportunity to review work and extend learning. Remind your child to ask for help when needed.
• Praise daily. Let your children know that you believe in them, you think they are special and you have confidence in them. Be sure to communicate that you recognize and value their efforts, not just their final accomplishments.
More educational tips and hints can be found online at www.facebook.com/kumon. To learn more about Kumon, visit www.kumon.ca.
Short URL: http://www.weeklyvoice.com/?p=17479