Baby Dies After Sitters Inject Him With Drugs
Washington: A nine-month-old baby in Philadelphia died after his two sitters, aged 24 and 27, injected his feet and hands with heroin and cocaine, a media report said Friday.
Oscar Sanchez-Rivera and girlfriend Viameri Santana-Berrios were babysitting Milton Rojas when he died from a drug overdose. Doctors found needle marks on the baby’s hands and feet as well as undigested heroin and cocaine in his body, the Daily Mail reported.
A medical examiner told a court in Philadelphia that Milton had so much drugs in his body that he was like a “drug mule” – slang for someone who smuggles drugs in their bodies. The baby died within six hours of being injected. The couple has been charged with murder.
Paramedic Dale Schroder told the court that he recognised marks normally found on drug addicts. He said he was called to the home in July last year after the baby was reported as being unresponsive.
The baby’s internal body temperature was already too low to register on a rectal thermometer, the paramedic said.
An autopsy showed eight needle marks on the feet and hands as well as heroin and cocaine still undigested in the baby’s stomach. The pair were looking after the boy for his mother Iris Rojas.
Short URL: http://www.weeklyvoice.com/?p=15722