Who said desserts couldn’t taste great and be nutritious at the same time? This summer, don’t let your fear of sugar overpower your cravings, as you can have your crisp and eat it too.
This treat is great for everyone. Topped with granola, it’s a delicious mixture of fruit and cinnamon that makes it perfect for any meal, breakfast or dessert.
Vegan Triple-Berry Crisp
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
For the filling:
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the topping:
- ¾ cup coconut oil (plus extra to grease the pan)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Yeah! Dark Chocolate Granola
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13 baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
- Add in the almond flour and cinnamon and lightly toss to coat the fruit.
- Pour berry mixture into the greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk coconut oil and maple syrup together. Add in oats, hemp hearts, granola, almond flour, cinnamon and salt and mix until well combined.
- Pour granola and oat mixture on top of the berries and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, top with additional granola (optional), then slice and serve.