New Delhi – An easy and natural way of getting rid of tanning is to stock oranges in your beauty cabinet, say experts.
Chandrika Mahendra, Principal Scientist, The Himalaya Drug Company, and Bharti Taneja, beauty expert and Director at Alps Beauty Clinic, have highlighted the benefits of orange.
* To get rid of tanning, make a paste of one tablespoon of orange peel powder, a pinch of turmeric, calamine powder or sandal wood powder and a few drops of natural honey. Apply on the face gently scrub it for one minute and keep it for five minutes then rinse it with water.
* Orange juice contains citric acid that acts as a natural bleaching agent. So you can also freeze the orange juice in an ice tray and later rub on your face to get an instant fresh look.
* If nothing, just use the pulp of orange and massage on the face. You can do this regularly to fight tanning.
* The orange peel contains a natural bleaching agent that helps lighten skin pigmentation. A peel off mask enriched with orange extracts can prove to be quite effective in eliminating skin impurities and maintaining the natural oil-balance of the skin.
* An orange-based face care range is a good pick, vitamin C and the antioxidants present in the orange peel will work collectively to provide an even-textured skin and act as a natural cleanser whereas ingredients such as honey and papain will work to eliminate impurities and tone the skin.