SAN ANTONIO, TX: Rugged, refined and right-sized, the all-new Seltos has a personality all its own. As a utility vehicle with an abundance of attitude, the Seltos enters the Entry SUV segment with modern styling and a penchant for adventure, whether that means everyday driving around town or in the wilderness on weekends.
Complementing Kia’s robust SUV lineup, and following on the heels of the Telluride, the Seltos slots between the popular Soul and Sportage models, providing a comfortable and tech-savvy cabin, a choice of two well-tested engines include a spirited 175-horsepower 1.6-liter turbo, and an available all-wheel drive system to handle more severe road conditions.
Looking at all it has to offer, it’s no wonder the 2021 Kia Seltos is poised and ready to become a true contender in one of the fastest growing segments in the industry when it goes on-sale in the U.S. this month. Pricing begins at US$21,990 plus destination for the LX AWD and S FWD.
Similar to Telluride’s design theme, the Seltos is a marriage of bold design and delicate details, and stands apart from rivals with its strong, upright stance. The tall front end and 7.2-inch ground clearance translate to a tough attitude and an adventurous spirit. Its assertive presence is spearheaded by Kia’s signature tiger nose grille that includes unexpected diamond-like detail. Chiseled surfaces and well-drawn lines lead back to a distinctive profile highlighted by a chrome beltline (available on S, EX and SX) that melds into the D-pillar for a streamlined appearance. And the optional two-tone roof gives Seltos an added layer of coolness and character. Other key design cues include:
• Long wheelbase and hood for a robust and substantial look
• Harmonized grille and headlamp design featuring full LED “Beat” lighting for a modern appearance (SX)
• Aggressive lower front bumper design provides sharper approach angle for adventurous driving
• Front and rear skid plates and black wheel arch cladding reference off-road abilities
• Sleek and tapering greenhouse conveys athleticism
• Eye-catching red wheel center caps hint at performance
• Tailgate garnish connects rear lamps to create a sense of width and stability
• Sculpted dual exhaust outlets highlight power and are connected by chrome trim.