Fusion cuisine is one that combines elements of different culinary traditions. Cuisines of this type are not categorized according to any one particular cuisine style and have played a part in a number of innovations. Fusion food is a general term for the combination of various forms of cookery and comes in several forms. A Sanjeev Kapoor recipe.
Ingredients for Vada Pav Pizza ◦ Pizza base ready made 4
◦ Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed 6 medium
◦ Green chutney as required
◦ Lasoon chutney as required
◦ Olive oil 4 teaspoon + for brushing
◦ Mustard seeds 1 1/2 teaspoons
◦ Ginger-garlic-green chilli paste 3 teaspoons
◦ Salt to taste
◦ Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
◦ Fresh coriander leaves 2 tablespoon + sprinkling
◦ Mozzarella cheese grated as required
◦ Boondi as required
◦ Dried oregano to serve
◦ Dried red chilli flakes to serve
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, mix and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add potatoes and mix well. Add salt and turmeric powder, mix well and saute for 1-2 minutes.
Add coriander leaves, mix well and saute for 1-2 minutes. Take the pan off the heat.
Heat another non-stick pan, place a pizza base on it, and brush a little olive oil on top. Spread some green chutney evenly. Sprinkle lasoon chutney and spread some potato mixture evenly. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and coriander leaves on top.
Sprinkle a little lasoon chutney, crush a little boondi and sprinkle on top. Cover and cook till the cheese melts and the base is golden brown. Place the pizza on serving plates, cut into wedges and serve hot with bowls of oregano and red chilli flakes.