TORONTO: December 1st is the deadline for applications to be submitted for funding from Ontario’s Reconnect Festival and Event Program to organize safe and innovative events.
‘Festivals and cultural celebrations are an important element for many ethnic communities. Unfortunately, as with all other things – COVID-19 has significantly changed how we celebrate these occasions,’ a government statement said.
This program is being implemented by the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism, and Culture Industries and is expected to help festivals and event organizers.
Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis until Tuesday, December 1st at 5 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Reconnect Festival and Event Program offer non-capital funding to in-person and online events in Ontario that:
• provide experiences that encourage people to travel locally and rediscover the beauty and diversity of their community
• draw attendees and provide a positive economic impact for the local community, the region, and the province
• create job opportunities for Ontarians in the tourism, culture, and entertainment sectors
• increase Ontario’s profile through media and/or broadcast exposure to generate interest in future travel to the province
Eligible organizations must:
• be Ontario-based with legal status for one year or longer, on the date of the application. For example, those that are:
◦ established by or under the legislation and be federally or provincially incorporated
◦ band councils established under the Indian Act
◦ other Indigenous organizations that are incorporated
• not be in default of terms and conditions of any grant or loan agreement with any ministry or agency of the Government of Ontario.
The event must:
• take place between August 12, 2020 and March 31, 2021
• occur in the province of Ontario if it is an in-person event
• have a total cash operating budget of at least $50,000
• be open to the public at large without membership in a club
• follow all municipal and provincial guidelines.