And that’s just the beginning.
Following a record-setting year with the introduction of the limited-production Dodge Challenger SRT Demon — the quickest, fastest and most powerful muscle car ever — Dodge//SRT is going back to its muscle car roots by taking its biggest, most powerful engine — the supercharged HEMI® Demon V-8 — and leveraging its enormous power output to boost the performance of the Hellcat. The result: the 797-horsepower 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye.
“With 840 horsepower, a 9.65 quarter-mile time and Guinness World Record certification that it’s the first production car to lift the wheels at launch, the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon earned its place in the record books,” said Steve Beahm – Head of Passenger Cars, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA North America. “The Dodge Brothers would be proud that we’re leveraging the power and performance of this proven engine to bring a Demon-possessed Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye to an even wider high-performance enthusiast audience.”
Designed and engineered with more power to appeal to an even broader muscle car enthusiast audience, the heart of the new 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye comes from its limited-production big brother – the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. The supercharged 6.2-litre HEMI® high-output V-8 engine is rated at 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque and is mated to a TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission.
Like its Demon brethren, it has 25 major component upgrades, including a larger supercharger, strengthened connecting rods and pistons, high-speed valve train, fuel injection system and improved lubrication system.
Compared with the standard SRT Hellcat engine, the Redeye’s supercharged high-output engine features:
- Largest factory supercharger of any production car – 2.7 litres versus 2.4 litres
- Increased boost pressure: 14.5 psi versus 11.6 psi
- Higher rpm limit: 6,500 rpm versus 6,200 rpm
- Fuel: Two dual-stage fuel pumps versus one
- At full throttle, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye’s high-output engine consumes 5.4 litres/min (1.43 gal/min) of fuel – enough to drain the fuel tank in just under 11 minutes
- Larger induction air box with three sources of intake air:
- New dual-snorkel hood
- Driver-side Air Catcher headlamp
- Inlet near the wheel liner
Additional features from the SRT Demon that help the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye achieve its status as the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car:
- Torque Reserve delivers up to 3.9 psi of boost at launch and up to 55 percent more engine torque
- Only factory production car with both SRT Power Chiller™ and After-Run Chiller
- High-strength steel prop shafts provide a 15 percent increase in torque capacity
- 41-spline half shafts provide a 20 percent increase in torque capacity
New for 2019, SRT Hellcat Redeye offers two final drive ratios, a standard 2.62:1 or available 3.09:1 for enhanced launch capability.
The 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat lineup delivers improved performance numbers, including a new top speed of 326 km/h, making the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car.
Challenger SRT Models 1/4-mile elapsed time/speed Top Speed
Redeye Widebody 10.8 seconds @ 210 km/h 326 km/h
Hellcat Widebody 10.9 seconds @ 204 km/h 313 km/h
Redeye 11.1 seconds @ 210 /km/h 326 km/h
Hellcat 11.2 seconds @ 201 km/h 320 km/h
Production of the 2019 Dodge Challenger lineup starts at the Brampton Assembly Plant in the fall of 2018, with vehicles starting to arrive in dealerships in the fourth quarter.