Region of Peel: Investigators from the Peel Regional Police Specialized Enforcement Bureau have arrested and charged three Brampton men and are searching for a fourth suspect in relation to a human trafficking investigation involving a youth victim under 18 years-old in the Region of Peel.
On Saturday, August 21, 2021, officers commenced an investigation into allegations that a female under 18-years-old had been held against her will, violently assaulted numerous times and was being trafficked within the sex trade.
The victim was transported to a local hospital with serious, nonlife threatening injuries. On the same day, police attended a residence in the area of Bovaird Drive West and Creditview Road in the City of Brampton and arrested and charged three men: Amritpal Singh, a 23-yearold man, and Harkuwar Singh, a 22-year-old man, both from Brampton, were each charged with:
1) Procuring Persons Under 18 Years
2) Trafficking in Persons Under the Age of 18
3) Receiving Benefit Resulting from Trafficking in Persons
4) Exercise Control
5) Material Benefit from Sexual Services provided by Persons Under 18 years
6) Advertising Sexual Services
7) Forcible Confinement
8) Aggravated Assault Sukhmanpreet Singh, a 23-year-old man from Brampton, was charged with:
1) Forcible Confinement
2) Aggravated Assault A fourth male suspect is being sought in relation to this investigation and his identity remains unknown at this time. He is described as South Asian, 6 feet, 200lbs, short dark hair with a black beard.
Investigators from the Specialized Enforcement Bureau believe there may be more human trafficking victims. Anyone with information in relation to this investigation or the unknown suspect to contact them at 905 453-2121, extension 3555.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800- 222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.