BRAMPTON, ON (April 8, 2020) – This year, Good Friday takes place on Friday, April 10 and Easter Monday takes place on Monday, April 13.
With guidance from Peel Public Health and for the safety of our residents and employees, City Hall and all other City of Brampton facilities, including Recreation and Community Centres and Brampton Library branches, remain closed until further notice to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
All critical services, including Fire and Emergency Services, Traffic Services, By-Law Enforcement, Road Operations, POA Courts and Security Services will continue to operate as usual to support our community.
Residents can call 311 or 905.874.2000 (outside of Brampton), use the Brampton 311 app (available on App Store or Google Play) or email email@example.com for any inquiries. We are available 24/7 for any City of Brampton or Region of Peel matters, including queries related to COVID-19 such as tax deferrals, physical distancing and parks and facilities closures. Visit www.brampton.ca/covid19 for more information.
COVID-19 safety measures
There are important rules and regulations our community needs to keep in mind to stay safe outdoors in response to COVID-19.
- Peel Public Health strongly recommends that residents only leave home for solo exercise or essential needs.
- All 500+ parks in Brampton, playgrounds and other structures in parks, leash-free dog parks, picnic shelters, outdoor sports facilities and outdoor fitness equipment (including sports fields, basketball and tennis courts), recreation centres and surrounding lands, and parking lots at City facilities are closed to the public until further notice. Residents are asked to call 905.874.2111 to report non-compliance.
- While trails remain open at this time, people must remain 2.0 metres away from others (who don’t live in your home) at all times. For a map of trails, click here.
- Avoid gatherings of five or more people – these are now prohibited under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act implemented by the Province.
- Please discard used facemasks, protective gloves and other home healthcare waste by placing them in a bag and disposing of them in the garbage.
- Penalties are now in place under the Brampton COVID-19 Emergency Measures By-law. Individuals can be fined a minimum of $500 and a maximum of up to $100,000 for each offence for not adhering to physical distancing measures. Residents are asked to call 311 to report non-compliance.
- We recognize the impacts COVID-19 has on our community and that it is an especially difficult and stressful time for some. We have launched specialized task forces to support the community. This includes economic support, seniors support, youth support and support for those most vulnerable. More information on these Task Forces and how to get in touch with them is available at www.brampton.ca/covid19.
COVID-19 Task Forces
COVID-19 Seniors Support Task Force: For support with groceries or medication pick up for seniors, call 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Store hours may vary as it is long weekend. Call 311 or email email@example.com to register for upcoming Tele Town Halls or to get in touch.
COVID-19 Social Support Task Force: Local food banks are in urgent need of donations. View a list of needed items and where to drop them off here. If you and your loved ones require access to food, please fill out the Social Support Online Form. This Task Force is working with anchor food banks to meet resident needs. If you would prefer to request assistance by phone, please call 311. For more resources including a list of community-based resources, click here. Call 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.
COVID-19 Youth Support Task Force: Brampton youth are invited to an Instagram live chat to discuss how COVID-19 is impacting them, with Mayor Patrick Brown and co-chairs of the COVID-19 Youth Support Task Force, Councillors Charmaine Williams and Harkirat Singh. Join the live chat via Mayor Brown’s Instagram profile (@patrickbrownont) on Saturday, April 11 at 1 PM. Call 311 or email email@example.com to get in touch.
COVID-19 Economic Support Task Force: This Task Force continues to support businesses in Brampton as they deal with the economic impacts of COVID-19. Call 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch, or to speak with a business consultant.
Brampton Transit will operate on a reduced Sunday schedule with some route cancellations on Good Friday, and Enhanced Sunday Service (Regular Sunday Service with added trips during AM and PM Peak Periods on busier routes) on Easter Monday. Customer Service counters at the terminals will be closed on Good Friday.
In response to COVID-19 and to ensure Brampton Transit is serving its community safely, some route reductions and cancellations will be in place until further notice, beginning Easter Monday. Visit www.bramptontransit.com for a list of service changes.
An enhanced cleaning and sanitizing schedule remains in effect. It is Brampton Transit’s goal to disinfect buses, including all hard surfaces, operator compartments and seats every 48 hours. Buses are currently sanitized every 24 hours. Facilities and terminals that have hard surfaces are wiped down and sanitized on a daily basis. Riders are encouraged to carry their own personal disinfectant when traveling, such as hand sanitizer or wipes, and wash their hands often.
For route and schedule information, call 905.874.2999 or visit www.bramptontransit.com. For real-time next bus information go to nextride.brampton.ca on your smartphone or other mobile device. For other trip planning tools, visit www.triplinx.ca or Google Maps.
All recreation programming and facility rentals are cancelled until further notice. Credits will automatically be placed on accounts. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
A variety of virtual programming options, including printable activity sheets to keep kids and youth entertained indoors will be available on www.brampton.ca/recreation.
All Brampton Library branches are closed until further notice. For weekend entertainment, try streaming movies and music, or read an eBook! For more information on our digital products, programs and services, visit www.bramptonlibrary.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brampton Animal Services
The Brampton Animal Shelter will be closed on Good Friday, Sunday, April 12 and Easter Monday. On Saturday, April 11, the shelter will be available by appointment only from 9 AM to 12 PM for reclaim only.
Animal Control is on the road Monday to Friday from 7 AM to 10 PM and Saturday and Sunday and holidays from 8 AM to 6:30 PM, and will be responding to the following calls only:
- Pick up of sick/injured/aggressive domestic animals and wildlife
- Aggressive animal
- Dog running at large
- Dog bite investigation
- Pick up of confined stray dog
- Pick up of dead animal
Outside of these hours, Animal Control will be responding to emergencies only.
Media Relations, City of Brampton
905.874.2880 | email@example.com