Treat someone you love to breakfast in bed or elevate a breakfast standard to special-guest status. This elegant yet easy dish created by the staff at Harrowsmith magazine is sure to please.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 15 minutes
Serves: 2 to 4
• 8 strips bacon
• 2 slices aged cheddar cheese
• 4 eggs
• Salt and pepper
1. In frying pan, cook bacon until transparent. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate. Cool slightly.
2. Cut four 6-inch (15 cm) parchment rounds to fit standard-size muffin cups.
3. Criss-cross 2 bacon strips in each of four parchment-lined muffin cups.
Crumble cheese and divide evenly over bacon. Crack 1 egg into each cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake in 350°F (190° C) oven until bacon is crispy and egg white is cooked through; about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plate and serve with toast and watercress. Remove parchment before eating.
Find more easy and delicious recipes at harrowsmithmag.com.