Human trafficking is the illegal recruitment, transportation or hiding of someone for the purpose of exploiting them. Human trafficking includes labour and prostitution.
Prostitution on the streets is known as ‘the game’.
Preventative Tips for Parents and Guardians:
– Stay informed about your child’s social and school life.
– Talk to your child about inappropriate requests from people they do not know.
– Make the effort to know the people/friends involved with your child (not just their nicknames).
– Monitor their social media accounts and set rules for their online activity.
– Stay current with apps and social sites your child is using.
– Educate your child on healthy social and romantic relationships and how to identify abusive ones.
Video Courtesy: Peel Regional Police