BRAMPTON, ON (December 6, 2019) – Brampton City Council is excited to introduce BramptonU; a movement to launch Brampton’s own fully accredited university. Building on the excellence of existing partners, and other universities in Ontario and around the world, the City is looking to bring a full university to Brampton to meet the needs of residents and businesses.
The City is working with independent consultants on the business case and public and stakeholder input is key to making BramptonU a reality. As a first step, the City of Brampton is seeking public input through various means:
Telephone Survey, starting December 6
- 1,000 residents will be called by random sample.
Tele-Town Hall, December 13, 7 – 8 pm
- 100,000 residents will be called by random sample. Those who want to be guaranteed a call may sign up at www.BramptonU.ca.
- Mayor Patrick Brown, Members of Council, and BramptonU project leaders will be on the call seeking feedback and providing answers to residents’ questions.
As part of this exciting movement, the City of Brampton is:
- Exploring partnerships and approaches to build and maintain brick and mortar buildings for a Brampton University and possible student housing
- Advocating to the Province for support for BramptonU
- Requesting input from a wide range of institutions, organizations and citizens to help identify programming BramptonU should offer to meet the demands of students and the future economy
Links • BramptonU website
- BramptonU FAQs
- Media Release: Brampton exploring additional options for postsecondary education
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to 650,000 people and 70,000 businesses. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable and successful. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca.
MEDIA CONTACT Natalie Stogdill Senior Advisor, Public Relations, City of Brampton 905.874.3654 | email@example.com