BRAMPTON: Experience the power of live performance and enjoy entertainment from incredible artists at home this spring as The Rose Brampton continues Live from The Rose, with its 15th anniversary season, held virtually.
The Rose will be broadcasting performances live to audiences through Vimeo. Audiences can expect high-quality productions; an expert technical production team; a cutting-edge live event broadcast; and, some of the most exciting names in entertainment.
• March 27, 2021 (7:30 PM EST) – Worlds in Music (The Rose Orchestra)
• March 28, 2021 (1:00 PM EST) – Elizabeth Glenn-Copeland in conversation with Ian Keteku
• April 1, 2021 (8:00 PM EST) – This is Brampton: Live Online, curated by Soundrive Records
• April 8 to 10, 2021 (7:30 PM EST) – Songs for a New World (Brampton Music Theatre)
• April 10, 2021 (1:00 PM EST) – Songs for a New World, matinee show (Brampton Music Theatre)
Curators and co-presentation partners for Live from The Rose have included: Brampton Music Theatre; The Rose Orchestra; BJazzed; New Theory Radio; Off the Record; Soundrive Records; Stand-up Stitches; The FOLD (Festival of Literary Diversity); Queeriahcity; and, Our Women’s Voices. Past performers include: Virginia to Vegas; Crown Lands; Maestro Fresh Wes; Twin Flames; Tyler Shaw; Ron Hawkins; Haviah Mighty; and, Tokyo Policy Club.
When The Rose Brampton closed due to COVID-19 last March, the venue pivoted to meet the new needs of audiences, students and parents through free virtual programming with The Rose at Home. From April to August, This is Brampton: Live Online produced 23 concerts, featuring 42 local artists and attracting more than 256,000 viewers from around the world.
The Rose also presented educational programs focusing on social impact and the arts, making an impact in the lives of viewers of all ages.
People can book free tickets for Live from The Rose at therosebrampton.ca.