If gruesome gore isn’t your thing, these movies will still provide some Halloween fun. Here are six Halloween movies for scaredy-cats.
1. “The Addams Family:” Their bizarre antics are fun for the whole family.
2. “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown:” The iconic “Charlie Brown” characters navigate the holiday in their particularly charming ways.
3. “Hocus Pocus:” Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy star as witches in what has become a Halloween cult classic.
4. “Practical Magic:” Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman play the roles of two witchy sisters on their quest for love.
5. “The Rocky Horror Picture Show:” This campy cult classic is currently showing in theatres and can also most likely be found on television at this time.
6. “Young Frankenstein:” Gene Wilder helps put a comedic twist on a classic horror film. (The Canadian Press)