Enjoy the classic combination of spinach and ricotta in this delicate ravioli, filled with three types of organic cheese and real cream. To really allow the pasta to shine, it’s best served with a light sauce or, in this case, a simple sauté of juicy tomato and leafy greens.
“Hold your block of Parmesan by the rind and use a vegetable peeler to shave the cheese into thin strips,” suggests Michelle Pennock, executive chef for the PC Test Kitchen.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 pkg (300 g) frozen PC Organics spinach and ricotta ravioli filled egg pasta
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (142 g) organic kale, chard, spinach salad mix
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup (60 mL) shaved Parmesan cheese
- Bring 8 cups (2 L) lightly salted water to a boil in large saucepan. Gently add pasta; cook, stirring occasionally and reducing heat to maintain a gentle boil, until tender but firm; 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat; cook garlic, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add salad mix; cook, stirring, until wilted, about 1 minute. Add tomato and pepper; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Add pasta and 1 tbsp parsley to skillet; toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Garnish with cheese and remaining 1 tbsp parsley.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 620, fat 38 g (10 g of which is saturated), sodium 850 mg, carbohydrates 51 g, fibre 5 g, sugars 4 g, protein 21 g.