(NC) Busy families on the go need something super quick and easy to make in the mornings. Made with Florida orange juice, this healthy quinoa bowl is packed with protein, Vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals. It’s a great way to make a fast weekday breakfast that’s warm and delicious.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- ? cup Florida orange juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- ½ cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup berries; any combination of raspberries, blueberries or blackberries
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Combine Florida orange juice, maple syrup and matcha in a lidded glass jar. Shake vigorously to combine and set aside.
- Combine quinoa, almond milk and salt in a small sauce pot, set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed and the quinoa has uncurled and looks like spirals.
- Remove quinoa from heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- To serve, divide quinoa and sauce between two bowls.
- Top each bowl with berries and almonds and serve warm.
Helpful tip: Top with any of your favorite healthy toppings, such as granola or chia seeds.
Find more great recipes at floridacitrus.ca.