The City is now accepting applications for its Windrow Snow Clearing Program for some residents needing snow clearing assistance.
The program is available for up to 300 residents who are 65 years or older, or who have a physical disability.
Program participants can expect to have a three-meter space in their windrow cleared during the winter season.
A windrow is the pile of snow left at the end of a driveway after the street has been plowed. The program does not include the clearing of the whole driveway.
“We understand the challenges that some residents face when it snows,” said Mickey Frost, Director, Works Operations and Maintenance. “Our windrow service makes winter easier for program participants to deal with throughout the season.”
Winter crews will clear a space in a resident’s driveway beginning up to 36 hours after the end of a snowstorm and when road plowing is completed. Windrow snow clearing may not be to the bare pavement but will make the driveway safe and passable for one car to get in and out.
Additional Program Details:
• Last day to apply is Friday, November 6, 2020, at 4:30 p.m.
• Program starts November 30, 2020, and ends March 12, 2021.
• Cost of the program is $200, but free for residents who meet financial assistance criteria.
• Only 300 spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Download and print an application form online at mississauga.ca/windrow or pick one up
at any community center service desk.
• Submit the completed form and required documents through any of the following:
◦ In-person at any community centre service desk.